Issue 91 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I love this forum, but all seems so sadly quiet these days, I think maybe FB has taken over the world.

I think if everyone just pops on to say ‘Hi’ literally, we could get this forum buzzing again.

All you lovely new Mama’s out there don’t be afraid to post, just put ‘Hello’ and there…...................you’ve done it !!

HELLO !! xxx

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Hello!
I was new about two years ago when I was pregnant with my second baba and 11 days ago welcomed our third!
Let’s keep the forum alive smile
All good here in sunny (for a change!) Cornwall.
Hope all the Mamas (and Papas) are enjoying the sunshine
X

And now mama to William too!

I know what you mean :-(

Congratulations on the birth of your new little one roseandrowansmama grin Wonderful news. It’s raining here now, just managed to rescue the washing which had been blowing on the line nicely. We went for a long walk this morning, have spent the afternoon filling our nature journals and doing some beeswax craft, now ds is tucked up on the sofa listening to Harry Potter audiobook. It feels more like november than may! xxx

Hello. Just about to return to work whilst DH stays home with DS1 age nearly 3 and DS2 six months. Always check on here but it is like those movies <tumbleweed blows across a deserted Wild West street>

I AM HERE!!!

Said the self same thing about the quietness a few posts ago - I don’t have Facebook so I only connect with people on here. It would be sooooo lovely to see it all busy again as it used to be smile

Trying to do everything - failing madly!

Being constantly & lovingly educated by daughter Freya, 19 cheese

Hello! I’m not on FB, I really miss how it used to be here!

I’m still here!!!  Been wondering where everyone is, been very quiet on here recently.  And congratulation roseandrowansmama on your new little bundle of love!!

Mamma to Hannah, age 8 and Jonas, 2

etsy: etsy.com/uk/shop/lazidayz
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lazidayzhandmade

I am always checking in here but rarely post anything either.  It is a shame that so many people have drifted away.  When I have a little more time then I will post an update about us as lots of things have changed recently - all good too smile

Lula103 - 27 May 2015 11:23 PM

I am always checking in here but rarely post anything either.  It is a shame that so many people have drifted away.  When I have a little more time then I will post an update about us as lots of things have changed recently - all good too smile

Ooooh, exciting, I’ll look out for your news, havn’t seen you for a couple of years now.

I’m not on Facebook either, so good to ‘see’ you all still about.
I have had a lovely day, DD wants to buy some hideous shoes so is trying to raise some money ( as mean mummy will not be buying them for her! ) so she made and put up signs all round our neighbourhood, baked all yesterday and this morning and had a cake sale and has raised half the money she needs, bit of dog walking for the neighbours next week and she’ll be there.
I played badminton with DS all afternoon, he’s actually getting pretty good now.
And this evening it was my turn to go out, to my pole dancing lesson…. Incredibly hard but so much fun, I can now (not very elegantly) hang upside down just holding on with one leg! So I am now achy and speckled with bruises watching Springwatch and listening to the children creeping round upstairs pretending to be in bed!
Hugs to you all
Gill
x

I’m just returning after a busy year.  Really missed it.  Our lives have changed but I still love this site.

Fabulous !! Let’s get it back to how it used to be .....
Congratulations roseandrowans mum that’s wonderful news !! ?x

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

We have been away for a few days but I always come by here most days…..

I am not on FB either, I know there is a Green Parent FB group and I also know that many of the regulars from here use that now.  I agree My Legacy that I would be good to get some new mamas posting….........we would love to hear from you all!

Many congratulations Roseandrowansmama, happy Babymooning smile

Thanks for the congrats smile he’s doing really well and his big sisters are totally smitten!
X

And now mama to William too!

I have now registered with FB because so much home ed stuff is organised on there, I didn’t realise there was a GP FB group, but I would miss the community aspect of this site.

I’ve been quieter on here over the last year. We’ve had a really hard year, my husband was assaulted by his manager at work, and his employers (local gov *ahem*) have basically told him to just go away and stop making such a fuss…so we’ve had a hard year battling that. Unfortunately, we’ve both lost our strength to fight it and we’re losing faith that we can make his employers see the injustice of the situation….the short story is we’re trying to be mindful in a situation where he might lose his job. I’ve suffered a lot with anxiety and depression again over the last year, and I’ve turned back again to nature and foraging and herbal remedies to help.

We are still homeschooling, ds is now 6, we’re pretty much eclectic in our style, using bits of waldorf, unschooling, project based and charlotte mason. As the wheel of the year turns and we get deeper and deeper into our journey, we’re learning so much about ourselves and each other. It’s not always easy, we’re coming out of a bit of a dip at the moment where we realized technology was just taking over our days, and so we’re getting back to our roots, getting outside and having slow time. We’re enjoying our GP children’s swap, and I really miss the mama love swaps and season swaps…let’s keep them going?!

I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone here and hearing how you and your families are all doing, I realise my update sounds all a bit negative now I’ve written it, but I’m so grateful for this past year, its taught me that you have to create beauty and happiness and catch it wherever you can, focus on the positives and gratitudes because ultimately, that’s what got me through. So despite the struggle, I do feel in a happier and stronger place grin xxx

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know how grateful we are to you all for keeping this forum alive. Even if there is not much chat at the moment this place is an incredible resource for parents worldwide who look to this community for parenting advice and ideas in their hundreds on a daily basis (I can see all the figures at this end and it’s phenomenal!). Melissa and I have some exciting ideas for our website going forward and the forums will always be a part of that. In the meantime I’m going to do some work on trying to get all the casual readers to sign up and join in the conversation.
Thanks again
Jez xx

Hmmm must update my avatar as my beard has gotten considerably larger :-D

I’m still here! I got too sad coming on and there was no-one here :( I’ve been here since around 2008 I think! Would be nice to see old and new people posting on here regularly instead of fb. Although I am guilty of being on fb way too much!

Crunchy hippy vegan mama to four gorgeous boys. Formerly known as bettywobble smile

Blogging again at http://lilpidgesblogspot.blogspot.co.uk/

The bosom of the Mother is the natural pillow of her offspring.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts