Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hello everyone,
I’ve got two parties coming up for my two daughters who will be 2 and 4 and am desperately trying to avoid the party bag section at Tescos. Any ideas of anything cheap to include?  I’m up for making things for them too as long as its not too complicated! Will include a homemade cupcake and some sweeties too.  Thank you sooo much!
Helen x

And now mama to William too!

I made a finger puppet kit for the party bags for one of the pixies birthdays: finger puppet shape out of felt x2, some mini pomps and a set of googly eyes, wrapped up in a sheet of sugar paper with the instructions just add glue and fun smile Have also made little bracelets before. I tend to try and either sew the bags or fold them out of paper too. Books can be a good idea if you get them from somewhere like the book people website- super good value for sets there. Despite trying to avoid the party bag section, I have noticed from the parties we’ve been to that bubbles seem to be a favourite with the kids.

Mummy to 4 little pixies: Seren (feb 08), Merri (may 09), Nerys (june 11) & Lyra (April 13)

http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ My sister’s amazing bead shop

I second the books from the book people - usually 10 book for £10,-.
The Richard scarry book set is lovely for this age group and if some guests attend both parties you can just give them another book from the set both times! They have book sets for all ages- have done one last week for my 10 year olds birthday party!
I’ve also done parties where we have done arts and crafts ie painted plaster of Paris statues( themed) , decorated t shirts etc which can be taken home, as part of part bags.

Little pack of seeds- something like radishes will still grow this year, maybe some kind of plant label sticks (big lolly sticks?) to decorate?

Thanks guys! I didn’t know about the book people web site that’s a fab idea. Seeds sound great too! It’s so funny you mentioned finger puppets as I’d considered making some but a diy would be perfect and less hassle for me too. Perfect!

And now mama to William too!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts