Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

My mother would like to do a big Harvest display window in her shop - any ideas gratefully received. The more old fashioned the better ! X

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Wheat/straw, bales of hay, either in big bunches or made into dolls etc…wicker baskets
Colourful fabric, oranges/browns/reds
Cornucopia images??
Produce, fresh if appropriate, berries/squashes, gourds
wheelbarrow?!
doormice
window transparencies with tissue paper?
waldorf window stars in seasonal colours?
sunflowers or any flowers in seasonal colours
mushrooms(we’ve just made mushroom bunting (fly agaric, prob spelt that wrong) with cardboard and felt tips, could she make something like this and run it around the edge of the window?

Not sure if any of that helps!

D&D your a star !! Thank you it all sounds fabulous ! If I can post a picture when it’s finished I will ! Happy autumn ! X

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Lots of lovely ideas already grin can I just add corn dollies, and of course lots of colourful autumn leaves..

Thank you Fugl all ideas are very welcome and appreciated x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts