Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parent's, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Ours always seem to be soooooo busy. The boys at their clubs, work related meetings appts etc.
What do you do in the evenings and what is your favourite way of spending them ?? X

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

We have one evening a week out, when Ds goes climbing, but we’re back home by 6.40 ish, so not terribly late. Nobody understands me IRL as my favourite evenings are when its cold and dark outside preferablysnowing, candles lit, and we’ve spent the evening playing boardgames, followed by Ds tucked up in bed beside me, a glass of wine, hot water bottle and one of my fave books. I also like it when DH and I play cards or scrabble after DS is asleep, the house is quiet and we sometimes treat ourselves to cheese and wine xx

Sounds like a perfect evening to me.
The best things in life really are free aren’t they x

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

The kids have one evening activity each, which is enough for me & them! Other evenings are spent atm with the fire lit, reading, playing monopoly (its seems to be our ‘winter’ game, we have long, endless games which go on for weeks!) or snuggling in bed chatting. Our TV night is a sat/sun when we are partial to a bit of strictly (sorry!) & we also usually have one night a Thurs or Fri when my Dad comes over for a drink/snacky supper.
I have tried to use evenings for ‘work’ stuff but I just cannot focus after 7, my brain switches off.
I’m not fussed about going out & about in the evening really either, I’m very happy with my pj’s and a book x

To dare is to lose ones footing temporarily, to not dare is to lose oneself.

LETS number 137

https://wildheartseducation.wordpress.com/

My two have one evening out a week each.  For my ds this conincides with me being out too.  The nights are Monday and Tuesday, by Wednesday I am tired and ready for a quiet evening.  Occasionally ds goes to something on a Friday it is in the village and he walks to it with a friend.  I could cope with one more evening in the week but no more I think.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts