Issue 91 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Shall we start our own yarn along? I’m thinking a pinned post (no idea how to do that!) where we can post what we’re knitting, ask for help and encouragement, get ideas etc. No set rules as to when to post or anything like that, just a virtual knitting/crochet space? xxxx

Ooooh! YES PLEASE!! We could have real fun with something like that LOL

Trying to do everything - failing madly!

Being constantly & lovingly educated by daughter Freya, 19 cheese

Sounds great, exactly what I need and as long as beginners are welcome as I feel I was born with boxing gloves on when it comes to knitting, have tried and failed on so many projects.  A little support might help me get the hang of knitting etc x

Sharon, Homeloving, veg growing, intuitive Mummy of 2
http://bellaterra1.blogspot.com/

Yes please as I am a useless knitter !! X

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

ok…so i can cast on…and do straight lines…is there a word for below novice?!!

greeneve - 14 February 2016 02:29 AM

ok…so i can cast on…and do straight lines…is there a word for below novice?!!

Yes ........ ME !!

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Yeay grin I haven’t knitted for years and its been one of those things on my must do list for…. I don’t know how long.. So yes please love to join It might just be the incentive I need to get going again thanks smile

Yay!! I’m thinking it needs to be a pinned post, so we dont lose it - does anyone know how to do this? xx

Would love to join in as lots of intentions to create just never seem to fit it in! If I had to ‘prove’ I was creating I might actually do something but could someone tell me what a pinned post is and how to do it?

Ooo this sounds exciting.  Let me just dust my needles off…..

Mamma to Hannah, age 8 and Jonas, 2

etsy: etsy.com/uk/shop/lazidayz
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lazidayzhandmade

I’ve tried and failed to learn to knit on many occasions. I can now crochet but still very very basic things - would I be allowed to join with crochet? Or does it have to be just knitters? xxx

ETA I’ve just read your first post properly and saw you included crochet! Yay!! Thank you! xxxx

What about starting a blog and adding “members” to the author list so that everyone has access to add their photos/posts?  I can start one up… but not until next week (or possibly the weekend) as we’re away tomorrow for a few days.  I think I know how to do it. If anyone else can do it quicker or just wants to do it, then feel free to take over. I just thought a blog would be easier to upload photos of our projects. Plus anyone can read it, but only yarn along members can post. Am I getting a bit ahead of myself here!!?? Lol! xx

I was a bit speedier than I thought!! I have created this…

http://yarnalongwithlove.blogspot.co.uk/

If you PM me your email address I can add you as an author.

What do you think? Dandelion and Daisy I used your original post, I hope you don’t mind. xxxx

Lovely idea.  I’m in.  Happy to post here or on the blog Skye-blu has created.

Thinking a bit ahead and outside the box wouldn’t it be fun to meet up and knit together?  Maybe a long weekend? 

With some camping….......

Wow! Love how the idea has grown - love it Skye-Blu!!! xx

I love this idea, I definitely need something to keep me going with projects - I finally finished my first crochet blanket before christmas, and haven’‘t done much since, so anything that gives me that push is good smile

Mummy to 4 little pixies: Seren (feb 08), Merri (may 09), Nerys (june 11) & Lyra (April 13)

http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ My sister’s amazing bead shop

Share this with friends

Recent Posts