Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

We have an expert on hand for our next edition of the magazine, ready and waiting to answer your questions. Please post your health questions or concerns below or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and we’ll answer as many as possible. Thank you xx

Hi, I would like to know the best vegetarian and vegan sources of omega 3 for a 9 year old boy. Can he get what he needs from food or should we supplement and if so, what supplement is best? He currently eats eggs but is leaning towards being vegan and I am very confused about whether plant based ALA can be made into EPA/DHA in sufficient quantities. He has been vegetarian for a year now and I’m a little worried about his diet as he seems to be in low mood recently and I wondered whether diet was a factor.

Thank you!

To dare is to lose ones footing temporarily, to not dare is to lose oneself.

LETS number 137

https://wildheartseducation.wordpress.com/

I might be too late for this….

Please could you advise on dietary or supplementary boosters to help prevent migraines? Mine are caused by stress at home which I cannot remove or reduce. I am reluctant to take strong migraine medication but I get approx one per week which lasts about three days. I have some relaxation strategies in place but I wondered about a nutritional take on the problem too.

Many thanks

Mum to two boys, Roan (Nov 08) and Jude (Oct 11) and a little girl, Amalie (Jan 14). Trying to parent as gently and lovingly as I can.

Thanks Sara, if it’s not in time for this one I will put it forward for next issue grin
Jez

Thanks Jez!

Mum to two boys, Roan (Nov 08) and Jude (Oct 11) and a little girl, Amalie (Jan 14). Trying to parent as gently and lovingly as I can.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts