Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I’d like to knit my MIL a pair of socks, but she gets really itchy skin and has to be careful what fabric she wears. I know she can wear cotton, but I’m not sure what cotton socks would knit like, has anyone any experience that could advise?

Many thanks! xx

Hello,
I have knitted with cotton, but not socks. My main concerns would be that there is no stretch so they may not stay up, not sure how long they would last (the wool in them felts to make the soles strong) also it is heavy so may sag as you wear them…if anyone has tried cotton socks I would lhave be to know if they do work, as it is lovely to knit with and shows off lace stitches really well
Bamboo mix is lovely and the acrylic added in gives them the stretch,
Hope you find something that works
Gill
x

I have knitted with bamboo and it is a lovely yarn was gonna suggest it too wink

Thank you - I was hoping you would both see this post wink Bamboo it shall be then! Should I get pure bamboo or a mix one like the one you mentioned Gill? xx

I would go for the bamboo/acrylic mix myself smile

dandelion-and-daisy - 11 July 2016 01:50 AM

Thank you - I was hoping you would both see this post wink Bamboo it shall be then! Should I get pure bamboo or a mix one like the one you mentioned Gill? xx

Mixes would be better
Gill
x

Thank you your help lovelies xx

Share this with friends

Recent Posts