Issue 91 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hello lovely Green Gardeners, I hope your veggie patches/gardens are getting along nicely this year and that the late frost’s haven’t wrecked any seedlings. Does anyone have a tried and tested method to kill off white mould spores? Our gorgeous young pea plants are completely covered and I fear we will loose them and that the mould will spread to other seedlings and plants. All advice welcome xx

Hello
Are the peas being grown indoors or outside?

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Hi, I’ve heard that making sure they are watered frequently is helpful as that prevents the plants being stressed and so more prone to infection. Also, removing any mouldy tips to reduce further spreading. But that’s only really helpful for next time if yours are already covered. Have you tried diluted washing up liquid in a sprayer? I know that works for aphids etc., might be worth a shot? Good luck, poor peas! x

Hi Aina, I thought this link might be useful for you x http://www.naturallivingideas.com/homemade-organic-pesticides/

Fantastic link, thank you!

sustainablemum - 24 May 2017 07:35 AM

Fantastic link, thank you!

Ditto thanks IMOgen2323 x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts