Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I started Apple Tree Yard but got bored pretty quickly.

I have just bought ‘Three Sisters, Three Queens’ by Philippa Gregory and managed 2 pages last night before I fell asleep !

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

I seem to be reading lots of things at the moment and not much of any of them!  On the go is How to be a Tudor by Ruth Goodman loving this book, The Natural Navigator by Tristan Gooley I can only read a bit at a time as it is huge amounts of new information, to me, and I need to absorb what I can before reading on.  Also several Ebooks on fermenting food which I am dipping in and out of when time permits.

Dipping in and out of a few books at the mo…
Gardening at Longmeadow Monty Don - love his passion for gardening totally infectious
Hen Keeping Mike Hatcher - as just about to move to a place we have enough space to keep some yay and Preserving by Carol Wilson - as brushing up ready to make the most of our new inherited fruit trees
Eat beautiful by Neals Yard really interesting easy reference book picked up at library by chance whilst in with the littlies and just bought Fat for fuel by Dr Joseph Mercola only arrived yesterday so yet to be started

I’m reading the Positive Birth Book which is A-mazing! It’s really shifting my perspective on childbirth and was recommended at a hypnobirthing session I went to last night. The last fiction book I read was At The Edge of the Orchard by Tracey Chevalier which I loved. She’s my favourite author of all time smile x

I’m into easy reading novels at the moment - often gentle light hearted romance. I’ve just finished A Cornish Affair by Liz Fenwick and have just started another of her books Under a Cornish Sky (I’m a bit in love with Cornwall and having a daughter who won’t travel that far anymore, I’m getting my fix by reading about the place… one day I will return…. sigh… sorry.. got sidetracked!) xx

Oh, just to add, I also read Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult that I loved a little while ago. xx

Prisoners of Geography

It’s a non-fiction and explores the geography (mountains, rivers, seas, borders, neighbouring countries) of different countries, eg, USA, UK, Russia, China. It describes how these geographical features have shaped the story and fate of each nation.

I’ve found it mind-expanding. After all, we have such an ego-centric view of the world and (at speaking for myself) we simply know such little about the worldview of other cultures and what drives the other peoples of this world. This book really gives an insight into it. Eg, do you know why it is that China is taking over Tibet?

Fascinating!

Writer for WeTheParents.org

I have just finished ‘THUG’ by Angie Thomas.  It is teen fiction really, but very moving story and as PP said above- 

“we simply know such little about the worldview of other cultures and what drives the other peoples of this world. This book really gives an insight into it.”

This is another one that fits that.

I’m reading The Outrun, by Amy Liptrot – she retreated to her home in the Orkney Islands when her hectic lifestyle all got a little too much. It’s so, so beautifully written – she celebrates the natural world like no-one else.

Kate Hodges - 13 June 2017 10:45 AM

I’m reading The Outrun, by Amy Liptrot – she retreated to her home in the Orkney Islands when her hectic lifestyle all got a little too much. It’s so, so beautifully written – she celebrates the natural world like no-one else.

That sounds like my sort of book, thank you for sharing smile

Laurel - 12 June 2017 01:39 PM

Prisoners of Geography

It’s a non-fiction and explores the geography (mountains, rivers, seas, borders, neighbouring countries) of different countries, eg, USA, UK, Russia, China. It describes how these geographical features have shaped the story and fate of each nation.

I’ve found it mind-expanding. After all, we have such an ego-centric view of the world and (at speaking for myself) we simply know such little about the worldview of other cultures and what drives the other peoples of this world. This book really gives an insight into it. Eg, do you know why it is that China is taking over Tibet?

Fascinating!

This book is on my list to read one day. I keep hearing good things about it!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts