Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hi, 

Has anyone got any recommendations for natural nail varnish that lasts. My 8 year old daughter and I quite like a bit of sparkly colourful nails but the awful smell of the polish (and same for nail varnish remover) is just clearly highly toxic! 

Thanks…

I’ve just started using Little Ondine and am very impressed, they’ve got loads of colours including some glitters.  Make sure the nails are oil free before painting her nails (a drop of washing up liquid on a nail brush will do the trick).

Maggie Anne, are a 6 free nail varnish that goes on well and the smell is better than traditional types. It has won awards and is vegan & PETA approved. Fresh Therapies do a great Natural Nail Varnish Remover, that smell of lime, suitable for pregnancy and little girls!!!  The remover also comes in a wipe, sometimes easier for little ones. Vegan & Leaping Bunny Approved.This won the highest score ever given for a Nail Varnish Remover from the Beauty Bible Awards.
Hope that helps!
Louise

Thanks for the recommendations! x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts