Issue 89 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I don’t know if this is the right section really but I couldn’t see a section for toilet training so forgive me.

I have a becopotty but my son is finding training really difficult as he just doesn’t want to do it. He’s 3 and will be going to nursery in August. I would like to get him trained for then because while I don’t want to force him he definitely knows when he needs it and all the rest. He’s just being a bit willfull.

We’re really relaxed about it but he is more excited by the big toilet than the potty. I have searched for a bamboo toilet seat like the becopotty but the only one I found was from Growing up green and the manufacturer has discontinued them!!

It even looks like becothings are now becopets and don’t do anything for children!

I’m based in the UK, and it’s driving me a bit mad.

Also, kid is uncomfortable on the adult toilet seat but will sit on there, problem is he can’t hold down his penis and keep himself steady ...hence my search!

Sorry if this is a bit jumbled. In the middle of things…

or forget the toddler seat and see if he can stand on a step and wee standing? Does he have a dad/brother to demonstrate?! Aiming at something in the loo helps- like a little scrap of paper or a cheerio or something like that- ask him to try to hit and sink it, can be motivating!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts