Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I’ve given them to neighbours and family and cooked them in ratatouilles, omelettes, chillis and salads and I’ve still got too many to know what to do with. I don’t think they can be frozen…any ideas gratefully received.

Why don’t you make some things with them that you can freeze? Like courgette chocolate cake (honestly nicer than it sounds) or creamy courgette soup.

Second the Courgette chocolate cake its fab treat and freezes really well. 
Riverford website have a yummy selection of recipes to try - can recommend courgette feta fritters, Indian spiced courgette and chick pea fritters and their risotto - enjoy

I grate them and freeze them wink.  They are lovely in smoothies, instead of avocados which use masses of water to produce each fruit.

Courgette and Brie soup is lovely, you can make (without Brie) and freeze.

Thank you, that’s given me some new ideas, I’ll definitely make a curry and try grating some for the freezer. It’s hard to get excited about a vegetable when you’re eating it every day! I’ll probably be sad when my plants stop producing :-D

What about stuffing them? Particularly if they’ve gone into marrow size, so yummy and you can just put whatever you like in (I like a mix of onion, garlic, ginger, pine nuts and really anything you like), drizzle some good olive oil on them, wrap them in foil and bake til soft. One reasonable sized marrow/courgette you can therefore get rid of in one meal. I love having too many courgettes and am also eating them every day, in everything! Good luck with your glut!

Ooh that pappardelle looks nice -)

Share this with friends

Recent Posts