Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parent's, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Good morning all you lovely people!  I’ve been offline for a while but now that the kids are back to school and work is less busy I have time to pop in!  Just thought I would re-introduce myself since it’s been a while!

I’m Helen, living on the border of Sunderland/Durham (literally, my back fence is the border!), with 2 children, Hannah, 9 and Jonas, 3 and the hubster.  Been a bit of a trying year so far, in April I lost my well paid but infinitely stressful job and now have a much nicer job with a lot less money but a lot more happiness!  I also have my little biz LaziDayz Handmade (look out for our advert in the next issue!!!!) so I have plenty to keep me busy.

We are trying to become more self sufficient, growing our own veg, etc, this year is a bit of a fail but I’m in the process of planting over wintering crops, if it would stop raining for 5 minutes.  I’ve been reading through all my back issues to get back into the living gently mindset and I’m really excited to get back to it properly now that things have settled down.

I have really missed you guys in the last few months!  What has everyone been up to? 

Mamma to Hannah, age 8 and Jonas, 2

etsy: etsy.com/uk/shop/lazidayz
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lazidayzhandmade

Hi lovely, it’s always great to see some old faces on here.  Things are a bit quieter these days than they used to be but there is still some activity on here most days.

I know what you mean about going offline I have been trying to do more of that this year with some  success.

I am sorry to hear you lost your job, it sounds like it has been a positive thing in the end.  There is always something to fill the time isn’t there?

Hope you can find a bit of time to hang out here a bit more now.

Hello lovely! I too have been off-line for much of the summer, but trying to get back into the rhythm of checking on here, I really did miss this space too.  It sounds like you have had a busy year and I’m glad that some positive things have come out of it for you. It really feels autumn-y here this week, we’ve come home from days out and had to make hot water bottles and warm drinks! I do love Autumn though so I’m not complaining wink Hope you get your seeds in soon! xxx

Hi - I have set up a new account on here as ‘evergreen’ - some of you may remember me as ‘greeneve’ from a few years back.  Unfortunately, I just could not get on with the new format and drifted away.  A lovely mama, sustainablemum, has been in touch and given me the nudge to try again so here I am ... hoping to make it work and get back those lovely old connections xx

Hello evergreen!! Lovely to see you wink

The forum is much quieter these days and I confess it did take me a while of thinking ‘ooh, I don’t like how this bit works now….and where’s this bit?!?!?’ but I’m used to it now, and Jez and the team really listened to our feedback too and I think it looks lovely and modern.

Looking forward to catching up with you on here xxx

evergreen - 15 November 2017 08:56 AM

Hi - I have set up a new account on here as ‘evergreen’ - some of you may remember me as ‘greeneve’ from a few years back.  Unfortunately, I just could not get on with the new format and drifted away.  A lovely mama, sustainablemum, has been in touch and given me the nudge to try again so here I am ... hoping to make it work and get back those lovely old connections xx

LOL

Thanks for your feedback dandelion-and-daisy, there will be an update to the forum early next year so any suggestions on features you would like to see or how we can make things better please let us know in the help section or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

The only thing I would say Jez, and it’s a tiny thing really, is that there is no notification if you have a PM, you have to hover over your log-in name (and then remember to do it) . Which is perfectly do-able but took me a while to twig wink So if there could be a notification like it used to be then that would be awesome…..but otherwise everything looks lovely and is working great grin

Excellent idea, I’ll put it on the request list for our developers.

Helllooooo, lovely to see you back, I have drifted away for ages and then couldn’t log in but thought I would try tonight and hooray it worked ! Looking forward to being back again x

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Hey!!!

My Legacy - 29 November 2017 06:39 PM

Helllooooo, lovely to see you back, I have drifted away for ages and then couldn’t log in but thought I would try tonight and hooray it worked ! Looking forward to being back again x

LOL

Hi MyLegacy, if my computer didn’t remember me I’d be in serious trouble, I’m terrible at remembering passwords. Lovely to see you back grin

Thanks D&D - lovely to be back x

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

I don’t seem to be getting updates so had no idea anyone had replied - sorry smile
This computer also seems to want me to still be greeneve :0

Waving hello to mylegacy too!

x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts