Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parent's, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hello Green Parents!

You may have seen the Chancellor’s proposed consultation on a plastic tax that would be levied on things like takeaway boxes.

We at Sky News are looking for parents who have managed to (or are trying to) remove plastic from their lives - and what alternatives you’ve turned to?

Do you know of retailers that have facilitated your journey by providing alternatives?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Thomas

Well this is great news, especially as I suggested this only a couple of weeks ago grin
https://thegreenparent.co.uk/forums/viewthread/28514/

It is great news!  I would love to remove plastic completely from our lives but as most appliances have plastic in I have come to realise it is not terribly practical.  We do however try to reduce it especially food packaging.  We buy loose fruit and veg, buy in bulk to reduce packaging and reuse any plastic bags that do make it though until they are worn out.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts