Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Am in need of quick, tasty and nutritious wok recipes if anyone has any  please? 

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

I just love throwing together any veggies e.g. carrots, peppers, baby sweetcorn, courgettes, leeks, all cut to about the same sizes so they cook in the same time (and some fresh ginger and garlic), all in a generous dash of sesame oil. Cook until softening (a few minutes only if you cut everything thinly) and then I add anything else I have to hand, usually some cashew nuts or seeds or prawns for protein. A bit of seasoning with soy sauce, honey and sometimes turmeric or paprika, another few minutes stirring and it’s ready! Serve with noodles of course. Have fun experimenting! x

IMOgen2323 - 08 January 2018 02:22 PM

I just love throwing together any veggies e.g. carrots, peppers, baby sweetcorn, courgettes, leeks, all cut to about the same sizes so they cook in the same time (and some fresh ginger and garlic), all in a generous dash of sesame oil. Cook until softening (a few minutes only if you cut everything thinly) and then I add anything else I have to hand, usually some cashew nuts or seeds or prawns for protein. A bit of seasoning with soy sauce, honey and sometimes turmeric or paprika, another few minutes stirring and it’s ready! Serve with noodles of course. Have fun experimenting! x

Sounds gorgeous, thanks so much, this could solve a multitude of dinner issues !! x

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts