Issue 95 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hi there

A strange title I know but the issue is - we have a fairly small garden in NE London and a dog that tears around chasing foxes and squirrels. This would be ok if it weren’t for the fact that we have terrible drainage and at this time of the year it is a mud bath despite relaying the turf, including extra sand underneath etc.

we also have a five year old so for the part of the garden we are not planting up with food and wildlife friendly flowers, we need a substrate that will take a bit of a hammering even when it’s wet. 

Im wondering if there’s a recycled rubber or material we could put down for part of the garden, to have w climbing frame on/ just some space we can use in the wet winter, and maybe the other half planted as a lawn but with clovers or other  species, ie not  usual turf. I am not interested in how it looks, I just want it to be  a bit usable  all year.

any advice hugely appreciated as been loving with this for 7 years now….

thanks!
lou 

Share this with friends

Recent Posts