Issue 97 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

hi everyone,
just curious to know what, and when your 1st symptoms of pregnancy were?

mine were really early - i 'knew' i had concieved within days, and had sickness early too (within a week of conception), while other girls i know didnt realise they were pregnant until they were months into the pregnancy!

My three were all planned so I 'knew' as well.  My first symptoms were no periods, then sore boobs then morning sickness at 7 weeks.

‘If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves’  Thomas Edison

http://www.handmadehaven.co.uk  www.shellscrafting.blogspot.com   http://www.myhandmadehaven.blogspot.com

My first signs of being pregnant (other than just knowing) is I go off coffee and I start being really assertive (which I love as I am normally really quiet and timid).

Lucie

SAHM to B, R, E, M, S, J, A and A

Very moody and go off chocolate - even before my period would be due

With my second pregnancy, I was only a couple of weeks gone, and didn't really have an inkling until, whilst on holiday in Cyprus, I was coming down some steps from the apartment and had a sudden wave of nausea, and knew instantly I was expecting. It was the one and only time I felt any sickness with that particular pregnancy (proper morning sickness never kicked in, perhaps that's why my son arrived 16 weeks early)!  With my first pregnancy, it took longer to realise, but I went off coffee same as Lucie.

When I go off alcohol and chocolate I know something is up!  Then I miss a period.

D x

Being super-sensitive to smells is my first symptom always even before missing a period, then sore nipples, then the sickness kicks in around 5 weeks.  :(

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

i know within a couple of days of concieving, i have a funny kind of pain in my womb and have a strange kind of aura.

when life gives you a rainy day play in the puddles !!!
mum to 4 sons 13,7,4 and 2
a daughter 8 years ,
and always in my heart my angel xx

I usually beat the symptoms to it with the pregnancy test, but the first signs are - no period, heavy feeling, horrible mouth watering and gradual loss of interest in things I normally enjoy like a nice cup of tea.  Very increased sense of smell and my dh says I have a nose like a bloodhound even when I'm not pregnant, so everything smells very strong and unpleasant when pregnant. 

Does anyone else get the mouth watering symptom?  I've not heard of anyone else getting it, but it's got so bad, I have had to go to sleep with an old muslin scrunched up in my mouth as the constant swallowing is horrible.    raspberry

Home educating Mammy to DD aged 13, DS aged 12, DS aged 10, DD aged 7, DD aged 3 and DS aged 2 weeks!!  grin

I get nose-watering! Seriously, it;'s like having a cold the whole time I'm pregnant. Horrible.

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

weeing every 5 mins! I was baffled as i hadn't drunk enough to be weeing that much. I did a test the day after (we were trying so we had a supply of tests) and found out we were 28 days pregnant!

Just like luciej i also became very assertive which is not like me (i'm a libran) i loved it!

Can't wait for the next one  :D

Little Miss 2007 Mr Moo 2011

GP Lets number 67

Share this with friends

Recent Posts