Issue 95 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

We're between Leominster and Ludlow and feeling a bit isolated!  Is anyone else anywhere near us?

Skye x

Hiya

My parents live near Kington so we spend a bit of time in Herefordshire, we'd love to move there but property prices are out of our reach there at the mo.  My sister moved to Ludlow last year but she's neither green nor a parent so not much help to you I'm afriad, really nice area to live though, I'm very jealous!

Alice

I know what you mean…...we rent, and its looking like we'll never be able to afford to buy, but its so beautiful round here that I'd never entertain moving away. I moved here from North London, so quite a difference!!

Skye x

Hi skye, your post was a long time ago so I hope you’re still around! I live near Shrewsbury and run a spiritual womens group if you are interested in joining? Blessings

hi there,

we have just moved into hereford from south west wales, would love to meet other gp and home educators, we don’t drive but are happy to ride buses to travel out of the city.

best

Cher and family xxxx

If you want to save the earth start with birth! ....

For my handmade creations http://www.folksy.com/shops/oona

Don’t live in Hereford, but parents live just outside so we’re down there every few months!

Mother to Harry (6) and Oliver (4) and Hannah who arrived at 5.57pm on Friday 10th May 2013

http://adventuresofthreelittlemonkeys.blogspot.co.uk/ - our new blog, Three Little Monkeys

Hi Cher and Anriel,

I’m new so I hope you don’t mind me replying…..

I moved to Ludlow in February,, but come into Hereford swimming and to the park every week or so - only pool that lets me take in all the kids at once, with their H&S regs

I’ve got 3 HE’d children, of 6, 3 and 3 months.  I’d love to meet up - I don’t know anyone where I live, much less other green mamas!

Imojen

hi all smile
I live in Kidderminster but am more than happy to travel to meet, used to work sometimes in Hereford. I home ed my 13 year old and have 3 others aged 16 yrs, 16 mths and 4 mths

x Sarah x

x Sarah x

Baby-led Mama to six, 
DD1 19yrs, DS1 17 yrs, DD2 5, DS2 4, DD3 15mths, DD4 2 mths
Enjoying mat leave, babywearing, home edding and being creative - what do you mean, I just ‘stay at home and play with kids all day’??????  cool grin

hi sarah,

you’re not far from me at all!  I live a couple of miles from clee hill.

If you’d like to meet up somewhere inbetween that’d be really nice…..the Wyre Forest park near Bewdley is becoming a haunt of ours, and theres a PYO place just nearby as well….??

Immi

Hi Aisling and Immi grin the Wyre Forest would be lovely especially in this weather - we thought about going to the Clee Hills at the weekend but it was just too hot, no shade for littlies! Maybe arrange something in a couple of weeks? DD1 is in the middle of GCSEs so I’m all over the place dropping her off and collecting at the mo, but might be a bit quieter then x

x Sarah x

Baby-led Mama to six, 
DD1 19yrs, DS1 17 yrs, DD2 5, DS2 4, DD3 15mths, DD4 2 mths
Enjoying mat leave, babywearing, home edding and being creative - what do you mean, I just ‘stay at home and play with kids all day’??????  cool grin

Hi All,

Looks like there’s quite a little community growing here!!!  :o)  Imogen, we have three HE’s too, Aurora she is 6, Ophelia she is 2 and Wilde he is 4 months so similar ages too!  We could all meet up for a swim or have a picnic in the park together!  We are off to help set up The Sunrise Celebration festival this week and next but will be back on the 7th of June, so perhaps we could get together that week? If anyone else fancied joining your most welcome too!!!

I am so excited to meet you all!

Love Cher x

If you want to save the earth start with birth! ....

For my handmade creations http://www.folksy.com/shops/oona

Hi all,

Sarah, that’d be great - I love the Wyre Forest.  Best of luck to your daughter, and hopefully we can sort something out soon.

Cher, next week sounds great!  I’ll PM you my email and phone number - maybe more reliable than posting!  I’ve got a friend in Hereford City who I can bring too - gives me an excuse as I haven’t seen her since before christmas now!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Immi

Hi All,
I grew up in Hereford (living in West London now), my parents still live just out of town and I go back quite often with my little ones DD 20months and DS 6wks. We have a master plan to move back but won’t be for many years, have to earn our fortunes before then (a little difficult with only DH at work).

It would be great to meet some other GPs as round where we live life seems too fast to do anything green…I feel a little like the odd one out as am just content to be a SAHM with the kids; cooking, gardening, quilting and generally being as green as we can.

I will try to remember to check for meets as I’m planning on coming back first wk in August if any of you are around then?

Catherine

We are moving to Hereford in the Autumn - would be great to meet up!

Pondwatcher

Share this with friends

Recent Posts