5 Reasons to Love My Bamboo Limited
- Moisture Wicking – Bamboo clothing has the unique ability to sweep sweat away from the skin and the garment, then evaporating it through the garments surface, keeping you dry and confident.
- Hypoallergenic – Bamboo’s naturally producing hypoallergenic and anti-fungal properties are the ideal and sometimes only solution for people with sensitive/delicate skin.
- Thermo-Control – Bamboo is a highly breathable fabric, the fibers actually expand and contract, keeping you cool when it’s warm and warm when it is cold! Especially to help babies body temperature when sleeping
- Anti-Bacterial – Bacteria cannot survive well on fabric made of bamboo, therefore it reduces any chance of odors occurring. Especially useful fabric in damp conditions like skiing and sailing.
- UV Protective – Bamboo clothing can cut out up to 98% of harmful UV rays. The result of this is that when in hotter climates, bamboo garments can be worn by all of the family to help protect them.
Bamboo clothing is great for you and great for the environment. Fabric made from bamboo is soft, comfortable, moisture wicking, anti-bacterial, UV protective, thermo control, hypoallergenic and anti-static. Especially ideal for sensitive skin and so soft on babies skin.
Jessica Anderson owner of My Bamboo Ltd is an elite athlete and Team GB Alpine ski racer. She prides herself on doing the right things in life - eating the right foods, exercising correctly and helping create a sustainable planet so we can continue to enjoy the things we have around us.
The world is becoming aware of global impacts when producing consumer products, Bamboo is leading the way as a sustainable and abundant crop, which is capable of producing raw material at a fraction of the environmental impact compared to either cotton, wood, or man-made fabrics which are produced using very damaging petrochemicals. Bamboo absorbs 5 times the greenhouse gasses and produces over 30% more oxygen than trees, on an acre by acre comparative. Bamboo is also ready to cut in 3-5 years, unlike up to 70 years for trees.
Bamboo also produces 10 times the yield, when compared acre by acre with cotton. Cotton also requires immense amounts of water and pesticides to produce a crop. So as you can see, Bamboo really is the way forward, with My Bamboo leading the way!
Our bamboo garments are produced in the most ecologically friendly way, from sustainable and organic crops, right the way through to the way it is processed into the finished product. We also monitor and ensure that all raw materials are produced in an ethical manner, causing all involved in the process to be treated fairly and not abused for economic gain.
We feel bamboo is the only choice as a raw material for many consumables in today’s market. We offer a number of different clothing lines, all made of Bamboo, and all sourced from ethical suppliers, whether it’s fashion, underwear, fitness, leisure wear or our beautiful baby clothing and essentials.